January 4, 2013
Happy New Year Gamma Pi Members!
I hope this message finds you well. Just sending a note to remind you about upcoming chapter events and happenings.
- The Winter Program will be held February 12 (Snow Date: February 19). The presentation will showcase research by Tiffany Moore, Laurel Williams, and Jill Brown. Sara Goomis and Collette Kroeten will also talk about their experiences at the 2012 STTI Leadership Forum. It should be a great time to reconnect and network. The presentations will originate in Omaha and be broadcast to all locations (Lincoln, Kearney, Norfolk, and Scottsbluff). The flyer can be found here for more details: http://gammapi.nursingsociety.org/GammaPiChapter
- Also, remember that Gamma Pi At-Large has developed a new Service Grant to support our members to increase community awareness of health promotion and prevention of illness. The grant application is also available on the chapter website (http://gammapi.nursingsociety.org/GammaPiChapter). The maximum award is $330.00. Projects will be funded up to $1,000 per year.
- Finally, I want to take this opportunity to encourage you to SAVE THE DATE for our Annual Meeting. It will be held on May 7, 2013 in Omaha. Specifics will follow later this spring.
One last thing…Collette Kroeten (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Teresa Barry Hultquist (email@example.com) are working hard on our Chapter Key Award documents which are due in June of 2013. Did you know that even small nursing leadership things that individual members do can have a big impact on our application? Connect with Collette or Teresa today to find out if you can help…this is an honor we, as a chapter, certainly deserve. We have so many strong nursing leaders.
Elizabeth L. Beam, MSN, RN
Gamma Pi At-Large
UNMC College of Nursing, Omaha
December 5, 2012
Applications are now available for the 2013 Gamma Pi At-Large Awards.
College of Saint Mary
402 399 2640
The Nebraska Medical Center
November 28, 2012
Please mark your calendars for the Gamma Pi Winter Meeting for 2013. It is planned for February 12, 2013 (Snow Date: February 19) and will be streamed from Omaha to Lincoln, Norfolk, Kearney, and Scottsbluff. Information will be updated on the Gamma Pi Chapter website at http://thecircle.nursingsociety.org/GammaPiChapter/Home
Feel free to contact Beth Beam with any questions. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
October 30, 2012
Gamma Pi At-Large has developed a new Service Grant to support our members to increase community awareness of health promotion and the prevention of illness.
This is another great benefit of membership for nurses and students who are making a difference in the community.
The grant application is available on the chapter website. A link was also posted on the chapter facebook page. Each award has a maximum of $330. The projects will be funded up to $1,000 per year.
If you have questions about the Service Grant, please contact any Gamma Pi At-Large Board member.
LINK to application: http://thecircle.nursingsociety.org/GammaPiChapter/Go.aspx?c=ViewDocument&DocumentKey=f7800063-fbe9-4aaf-abeb-4d0eb8da9ed0
October 4, 2012
Did you want handouts from the Leadership presentation by Rosanna Morris on October 2? Feel free to click on this link for the handouts.
September 10, 2012
Gamma Pi At-Large will be participating in the Women’s Center for Advancement’s clothing drive. Be a part of the WCA’s mission to support all women as they seek to thrive in work and life by giving of your gently worn business-appropriate attire. Items can be left at the office of Teresa Barry Hultquist (CNS 40113) or the LRC by Friday 9/28. Contact Collette Kroeten for information on drop locations at CSM.
• Contemporary, interview-appropriate skirt and pant suits
• Blouses, shells
• Blazers, jackets, cardigans, sweater sets
• Professional Shoes
• Purses, portfolios and briefcases
• Accessories (watches, scarves, jewelry –earrings, necklaces )
• Never-been-used make-up, health and beauty products (hotel and travel-size items would be excellent)
June 8, 2012
This year’s Nebraska Collaborative Event will be held at the UNMC College of Nursing Science on October 2, 2012. Please plan to join us. Rosanna Morris, Chief Nursing Officer from The Nebraska Medical Center, will be speaking on Leadership at all levels. The presentation will be broadcast live to Scottsbluff, Kearney, Lincoln, and Norfolk. All nurses and nursing students are welcome. Proceeds will benefit Ted E. Bear Hollow. You can register online at: http://www.clarksoncollege.edu/academics/professionaldevelopment/continuingeducationevents/
March 20, 2012
OMAHA, NE – The Gamma Pi At-Large Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International, the Honor Society for Nursing, revitalized their fundraising committee this year to benefit the BackPack Program at the Food Bank of the Heartland (http://www.omahafoodbank.org/programs-services/backpack/default.aspx). The committee created a fine dining experience which correlated with California wines throughout the evening. The dinner, called “Connecting the Dots to Fight Hunger,” was held at Dr. Joyce Black’s home in Waterloo, NE on March 2, 2012. Throughout dinner, the attendees were invited to participate in a silent auction which included everything from theme baskets to a week at a beautiful cabin in Colorado Springs. The event proceeds were over $1500.00. The committee would like to extend special thanks to all of the chapter members and friends from the UNMC CON and College of St. Mary who made the event a remarkable success. The 2012 fundraising committee members included: Beth Beam, Joyce Black, ‘Lissa Clark, Collette Kroeten, and Connie Miller. The committee is seeking new ideas for 2013.
January 25, 2012
Take a virtual trip with us across the vineyards of California to fight hunger in our community. Proceeds will support the Backpack Program with the Food Bank for the Heartland.
A map of California will be basis for our travels….our guide will take us to (at least) three different regions with the different courses and wines.
Date: Friday, March 2, 2012
Time: Appetizers at 5:00, Dinner at 6:00
Cost: $25.00 per person. Check or cash at the door.
Location: Joyce Black’s home (926 South 243rd Street, Waterloo, NE 68069)
November 8, 2011
You can watch it here at:
Tech Note: Real Player is required to view this video. If using Lotus Notes Client (web mail works fine) and IE8 (Firefox works fine) or greater, please copy the above link and open directly from Real Player. If linking from website, set link to open in new window.
Questions? Contact Beth Beam at email@example.com or 402-559-6547.